Tuesday, July 22, 2014

North Barrule, the beach view

                       What is the Barrule? 


North Barrule is the mountain you can see in the distance, over looking Ramsey. This is the view from the beach. Here you can check out the view from Albert Tower, on higher ground. North Barrule stands at 1842ft, making it the second highest peak on the Isle of Man. Worth a trek up there, on a clear day, as you can view, England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales. It's also the site of the worst aviation acident to happen on island with loss of life to all 31 people on board a Boeing B-17 "Flying Fortress" in 1945. 



For other abc's around the world click here

18 comments:

Anita Sabat said...

Never knew of this mountain.
Reading your post, I went on a trip to my younger days.
Near my city, there is a mountain named Barunei, where my maternal grandparents often arranged picnics :)

Ramsey Mom said...

Lovely hun. Did you see the mist today?

ellen b said...

I enjoy learning about new places. Nice choice for B.

Anonymous said...

I love mountain views!

Reader Wil said...


Thank you for the walk you t ook me on! Your island must be lovely!
Wil, ABCW Team.

Berowne said...

Very informative and enjoyable; well done.

Unknown said...

Sweet find. I like how this is informative and to the point.

William Kendall said...

I'd be inclined to have a go at that peak!

Roger Owen Green said...

sad tale
ROG, ABC Wednesday team

Roger Owen Green said...

sad tale
ROG, ABC Wednesday team

Bergson said...

the forest in the sea : I like

Trubes said...

I've been there, my former mother in law lived on the Island in Douglas so we used to visit a travel around.
One day we may just take a holiday there again.
Beautiful Island, I still order kippers from Mann's in Douglas.
Best wishes,
Di.x

Tanya Breese said...

it sure is green there!

lotusleaf said...

I have always wanted to visit the Isle of Man.Thanks for sharing.

Lmkazmierczak said...

I bet that view from the top is worth the hike up♪ http://lauriekazmierczak.com/bumblebee-5/

Anonymous said...

The Bar Rule is that you buy me a beer...

Mo said...

There is something special about a view that takes in another country, but three! well now that is extra special.

mrsnesbitt said...

Oh the Isle of Man - looking forward to this round Jane - counting the days!!!!!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin