Wednesday, April 02, 2008

RAMSEY,UNDERNEATH THE ARCHES

This little archway is situated on the stretch of beach between the towns of Ramsey and Maughold.

It can only be accessed when the tide is out, so visitors to the town could miss this, a lot of locals too, but it's worth the short walk out of Ramsey. If you follow the stream inland it leads back to the main road leading down into Ramsey. Along the way you'll pass an array of wild birds, frogs, toads and if your'e lucky the odd rabbit. It's perfect for photographers, just wait and wildlife will come to you and hang around long enough for you to start snapping.

Just after I shot this image the tide ebbed it's way in and I had to walk briskly to get to Ramsey Pier. I think it was worth crossing the stream and getting wet boots to shoot though.




7 comments:

laxeylass said...

Where is this. I don't go to Ramsey.
Do you have any of the Laxey Wheel.

Olivier said...

magnifique, la lumière dans les arches, c'est superbe

Beautiful, light in the arches, it is superb

Anonymous said...

Fabulous imagery.You have really captured the blue tones of the sea through the structure.Well done.

Sara

maz said...

FAB PHOTO IVE ONLY BEEN ISLE OF MAN I STAYED IN CASTLE TOWN LOOKING ON TO THE CASTLE

Anonymous said...

Pleas my english excuze. Nice blue warter.I like photographs you do.
What is Island you live?

Anonymous said...

Ohh, your picture makes me want to be there! Are the arches remnants of an old building?
Shalom from Jerusalem.

Lake Lady said...

I've decided to grant myself some time this morning and look through your archives to see what I've missed. SO GLAD I found this one!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin