Thursday, April 17, 2008

PINK BLUSH

Yesterday kept me quite busy with the photography uploads, emails and pc crashing. Island life for you. When things go wrong they do so in tremendous style. Why crash one pc when you can take out an island! The crash was a server issue. Those of you out there who reside on a island will understand my predicament. You really don't want to be around me when I can't get my decent coffee. Cabin Fever!

As everyone knows who reads my other blog, the island has a make- over every April in readines for those TT visitors. The island, much to my consternation, has an infestation of cones. Not tree dwelling cones, but those horrid orange and white pointy plastic ones that guard manhole covers. Single line traffic is the norm through Laxey, Governers Hill closed off completely and Douglas Marina tantalizingly out of reach. Not really what an island photogrpaher needs, no go areas.

So a quick flora photo frm Mooragh Park. It is wait for it, a red "Australian Bottle Brush Plant" (latin - callistemon citrinus splendens). Many thanks Joanne, my gardening expert friend for the correct name.

I will be uploading links to my photo sites as soon as I am assured everything is up and running smoothly(or as smoothly as it can be) again.

My sales sites are

JK HARDS PHOTOGRAPHY

BABOOSHKA 'S PHOTOGRAPHS IMAGEKIND

14 comments:

b.c. said...

hope the server issues get fixed, these are great photos and am looking forward to seeing more

Brisbane Daily Photo said...

I wander in and the first thing I see is an Australian native!

Sensational.

Anonymous said...

Great colours!
That is a very beautiful plant.

Olivier said...

c'est une belle fleur, surprenante, je ne connaissais pas. j'espere que ton PC va mieux.
It is a beautiful flower, surprisingly, I did not know. I hope your PC better.

Anonymous said...

I didn't know this was Australian.So nice and pink.

Anonymous said...

It's australian.No I didn't know. I thought they were a native plant. It's so pretty. I thik it's colour is cerise.

stromsjo said...

Gee, the net is something. Here I am watching a brush plant when I should be packing for a trip tomorrow... ;) Thanks for sharing, lovely shot.

laxeylass said...

You need to add the sales sites to the links option in each post.It's just a suggestion.

I thought that flower was homegrown.
the colour of it is very pink.

Kris McCracken said...

I thought that it looked familiar. It's made a long journey.

Southern Heart said...

Lovely!

I hope that your computer issues clear quickly.

mrsnesbitt said...

Great! The island is aware we are coming! Good to see the necessary preparations are being made! LOL!

Unknown said...

lovely! mum's home had this same plant too. but a few ago, it was chopped down.

Destitute Rebel said...

This is a lovely flower, I dont believe I'v seen one of these before, thanks for sharing.

ptowngirl said...

I must say, I have never seen a flower like this before, and the name is perfectly fitting! Great shot!

ptowngirl
HamptonRoadsDailyPhoto.com

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin