Sunday, April 13, 2008

LAZY SUNDAY AFTERNOON

What to do in the lsle Of Man on a sunny spring day? As little as possible.

Spirng flowers are budding and blooming. The baby birds are exploring a world beyond the nest. Luckily for me that tends to be my back garden. This baby blackbird sat perched on this branch for quite some time. Obviously having no human contact before, he has no sense of fear. Soon, unfortunately, he will learn that not all humans can be trusted, and I won't have an opportunity like this again for quite some time. Not with this one anyway.

No Manx history lesson today. It's sunday, will shall take a break. We like to take our sundays at a leisurely pace here. The Manx for good evening is "Fastyr Mie," and that's what I wish you tonight.

13 comments:

pierre l said...

Hello Babooshka. I am very suspicious of the link above. It sounds like malware to me, and I would encourage you to delete it.

pierre l said...

That is a lovely picture, yet again Babooshka. (I am getting good at spelling your name without looking it up.)

CrazyCow said...

Hello Babooshka.
First, thanks for your visit to my blog, and the opportunity to find yours.
Next - what to do on a sunny spring day .... start the day by doing nothing then slow down during the afternoon. ;-)
Lastly - the first link is a spam link. I get those quite often, and just delete them.

Jane Hards Photography said...

Hi Pierre,

Just deleted the link.I have been warning people about this blogger earlier today.It is indeed a very nasty virus.

Thanks as always for your comments and visits and the warning.

crittoria said...

Great little bird shot! You were so lucky to catch him...

laxeylass said...

My grandad spoke Manx.I miss Laxey most,and the I.O.M.second. You should publish these in book form.Laxey images more often if you can.Keep going.

maz said...

woo love the way you catched the bird on camera how you manage that carnt wait to see more

Anonymous said...

Great little bird photo.
Sorry for asking, but did you inspire your name on the Kate Bush song?

Jane Hards Photography said...

Quintarantino.

Yes,Kate Bush song,huge fan.

pierre l said...

I've only just noticed the bird's blue eye. Lovely.

Tom said...

Fastyr Mie
What a great capture... thanks for the visit and taking time out to comment
Tom

Tom said...

Fastyr Mie
What a great capture... thanks for the visit and taking time out to comment
Tom

Anonymous said...

So cute.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin