Monday, October 06, 2014

Ramsey B 33-13 Douglas B. Rugby

               Ramsey in blue, scoring a try


My Our World Tuesday post this week is about one of the local sport games on the Isle of Man, rugby. Played by both men and ladies teams, school teams, and boys teams, the juniors across the island. I photograph Ramsey most home games, played at the Mooragh Park pitch. It's a sport I have photographed for 8 seasons now, through wind rail hail or shine. Even in a snow blizzard. It's a winter game, so the sunny image will soon be replaced with wetter windier images. I have occasionally photographed away games, but usually those are cup semi final or finals. As the island is quite small and not enough teams for a full season to play each other, the teams are part of rugby leagues across. Across to anyone living on the island is England in rugby terms. I've taken the team new kit shot for the rugby club website, and have several images printed in local newspapers, both here and England. Anyone can come and watch, there is no entrance free as the pitch is open, overlooking the beach. My world in winter, rugby.  See below for links to my other photos or my facebook page, click the badge to get there.

My facebook albums here
My latest rugby in print Chester Chronicle here 

Our World Tuesday here


9 comments:

Phil Slade said...

Jane you're very brave standing out in all weathers for two hours at a time with the cold of a winter camera and other gear. But I'm looking forward to seeing some of your wet, windy and mud spattered pictures.

EG CameraGirl said...

Rugby looks like an interesting game to watch. Are the rules hard to learn. You are a trooper to photograph the game even in winter!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Jane.

Carver said...

Great action shot of the game.

paul said...

The decisive moment - well captured! I go to similar venues, but only rarely, nothing like your devotion to the cause.

William Kendall said...

A terrific action shot!

Merisi said...

You certainly are a great asset for the team!

Fun60 said...

What an excellent action shot.

Rajesh said...

You have covered it pretty well.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin