Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Meet The Nesbitts

                                 ....And duck

Regular abc bloggers will know who Mrs Nesbitt is, the person who started the weekly post of the alphabet around the word. I too, met Mrs N, virtually through a fellow blogger, and then finally in person right here in Ramsey. I've since met The Nesbitt's every Isle of Man TT for the past few years (although this year was a "flying wave as she goes past" meeting) and we have a mini photo shoot of her and hubby leaving Ramsey. The duck, is her infamous secret weapon back pack. The duck has been held my both Policeman and TT riders who happily pose for photographs with Denise, like Guy Martin for instance. Though I live in Ramsey, and photograph the TT races, Mrs N, was actually here first, visiting every race week for over 20 years, nearer 30. She is as much a part of the TT as the races themselves and island wide is known to many of us locals and new tourist each year.

More Abc's can be found here

Roll on 2014 TT and a visit from a duck and bonkers friend. Mrs Nesbitt :)


17 comments:

Gunn said...

I like this!
A smile from me in Norway.

Ramsey Mom said...

TT is not for me hun, nice to friends hun.

mrsnesbitt said...

Awwwwwwwwwwww Jane loved this. xxx

William Kendall said...

That is cute!

Roger Owen Green said...

thanks for the insight to our fearless leader!
ROG, ABCW

Arnoldo L. Romero, MLA said...

Nice… Happy ABC Wednesday and Blessings!

Reader Wil said...

I envy you having met Denise so often! I only spoke to her on the phone, when she was in my country several years ago. I couldn't see her for I live in an other part of the country and have to travel by public transport. More is the pity!
Wil, ABCW Team.

Trubes said...

Hello Jane, Lovely post about our dear Mrs N....We had the good fortune to lunch at her house on the way home from a holiday in Northumbria.
What a spread she laid out for us too!
You just can imagine the laughs we had, clash of the Liverpool wit and Yorkshire drollery...
She's a star and I'm so grateful to her for devising abcw , it certainly has brightened up my life and many more, I don't doubt!

Di.x

carol l mckenna said...

Fun post for N and glad Mrs Nesbitt started this link ~

Happy Week to you.

artmusedog and carol (A Creative Harbor)

Lmkazmierczak said...

Hah! Fun and interesting♪ http://lauriekazmierczak.com/nice-surprise/

Powell River Books said...

Love the duck. Mrs. Nesbitt has inspired us all. - Margy

Anonymous said...

Ha! This is great. Thanks for sharing the drive by...

Mo said...

I think I recall her from previous posts. Still makes me chuckle.

Su-sieee! Mac said...

Quack, quack! Love it.

Linette said...

lol Too cute just adore the duck! =0)

Just Fluttering Around

Unknown said...

"Ramsey Daily Photo" has been included in our Sites To See #407. Be assured that we hope this helps to point many new visitors in your direction.

http://asthecrackerheadcrumbles.blogspot.com/2014/10/sites-to-see-407.html

HansHB said...

Great SWF-photo!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin