Wednesday, February 08, 2012

Things you find washed up on a beach


Anyone missing a bicycle wheel?

Long time followers know I have a thing about people dumping their rubbish in public places. I have photographed everything from supermarket trolleys, to sofas dumped in the woods. Not good people, hire a skip, give to a charity shop, recycle in the community, ebay it whatever, but do not dump it! Lecture over. On the other hand the beach is different, it tends to get washed up there. Really odd stuff too.


I have an entire collection of "washed up from the UK" photos. Not pretty, stunning, drop dead gorgeous sunsets or to die for landscapes. No, natural one shot, images of the rubbish that finds its way from the UK. Today I show you a bicycle wheel. What happened to the rest of bike who knows, washed up in Douglas or Laxey possibly. Anyway, I like to keep it real on this blog, the good, the bad and the ugly. Who knows what else I will find on the beach next, but I'll be sure to show you, like it or not, life isn't all photoshopped sunsets!

9 comments:

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Jane: How could anyone not know they lost their wheel.

Gaelyn said...

Hope no one was on the bike when it was lost at sea.

ramsey mom said...

I hate the kids finding bottles and cans on the beach.

KD ex Ramsey said...

One man's garbage is another one's art project. Neat photo.

Tanya Breese said...

i love how real you are...it's kind of like how we are originally from san diego and everyone wonders "why did you move to virginia, san diego is so beautiful"....uhm that's because you've only seen the "photoshopped sunsets"....go with us and we'll show you the real stuff, not quite as pretty and touristy!

jc said...

And I thought it was an artistic statement lol. Just tell it like it is warts and all.

Jane Hards Photography said...

Tanya, exactly. It is one it is. Advocate anyone live here, so many pluses, but have throw in the realism to. One a day photo of the place I live, not visiting.

Halcyon said...

A bike wheel is certainly not something I'd expect to see on the beach. I'm sure there's a story behind this.

magiceye said...

wonder how it managed to land in there!!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin