Saturday, February 04, 2012

Angel's tears, evening dew


Things you find on a river walk

Going through photos to find ones for the blog I found this unused curious image. I confess it is a Summer capture, not a recent Winter one. A friend reminded me of river walks with a dog along the river and in the Poyll Dooey, or as we he likes to call it affectionately the "Pollydollies" which always makes me laugh. On one of those summertime river walks I went armed with the camera. While the doggie was splish splashing around in the water to cool down, after playing the favourite dog game of "human throw stick, dog chase stick, dog not return stick back to human, so human throws another stick" I began to photograph the scene of the dog splish splashing to espy this evening dew. An Italian friend calls the evening dew above "angel's tears" which is so poetic a way to describe the photo, I just had to use those words. Simonetta thank you.

To all those who have left these shores and
miss the island, and the PollyDollies and walk with dogs. One fine day, we do it all again.

Thank you all for the big welcome back.

12 comments:

Gaelyn said...

Angel's tears is a perfect name. Nice capture of the dew.

So how is your winter?

Jane Hards Photography said...

Wet, wet, wet, so far. Dull, grey, cold, rainy, windy, but no snow. I had to credit Simonetta, a long time follower, supporter and once graced these island shores for the beautifully captioned "angel's tears."

Nels said...

Wifey said, beautiful and made her cry.

ramsey mom said...

Like the new style. Don't forget the jokes. The Pollydollies. I will use that.

Gerald (SK14) said...

Never heard the term angel's tears before or if I have I've forgotten - love it.

brattcat said...

i, too, love the term "angel's tears"...just the perfect title for this image.

Anonymous said...

No I do not know this angel's tears. I like very much

Small City Scenes said...

Love it.

Hello again. MB

VP said...

Lovely image of a beautiful plant!

Anonymous said...

Beauty.

wilf said...

They are like little crystals among the grass...beautiful

Unknown said...

This is amazingly beautiful!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin