Saturday, February 11, 2012

Eye see you


Hello Misty!


Returning to blogging a lot has changed, what with all these new share buttons, Facebook, Twitter, Google + etc it is going to be a while to get my head round this new virtual world. Pleased to see some things have not changed, like Saturday is still the day to see animals of all shapes and sizes around the world at the click of a mouse. Obviously not a real mouse, life hasn't changed that much or advancements in technology taken us to another level completely. So for now, I give you virtual world, a close up, natural, shot of a Donkey's eye, keeping an on those blog stats and audience and as Facebook says "viral reach." Normally, I would opt for black and white for a close up like this, but I went with the colour just for the touch of reflected blue in the eye, which was my T. shirt. Obviously if this was Facebook, I'd now be tagging it and telling you to inbox me.

For more of my photography, see my Facebook page here

For other critters around the virtual world see here

26 comments:

ramsey mom said...

I don't use Facebook, the kids do. Just about use email. Love the photo.

Leeds daily photo said...

Technically I have a Facebook account but have never used it. I have always had a soft spot for donkeys. they seem these days to have rather lost their place in our world.

Virginia said...

I will guess a donkey cause I'll get sent to the Sin Bin if I say jackass! :)
V

Prefer not to say said...

As you said donkey in the text, going with that. Course that could be a ruse knowing you lol. Knockout shot.

Dave-CostaRicaDailyPhoto.com said...

Glad that you are back, photo-blogging.

eileeninmd said...

Great capture of the critters eye. It seems like the internet world is always changing. Have a wonderful weekend!

Anonymous said...

About time you were back. Great capture.

Gaelyn said...

I could try to tumble, stumble, tweet..... this, if I knew how. ;)

Gerald (SK14) said...

O you've got me all misty-eyed with this one.

F said...

Outstanding, my good friend. I like a lot. x

Janet said...

She's looking at you out of the corner of her eye. Sweet face, I think!

Jane Hards Photography said...

Gerald, for a minute I thought I was on FB and tried to like your comment lol. Can I say folks, one and all, it is good to be back.

Misty DawnS said...

Ahhhh nothing brings a smile to my face or makes my Saturday any better than to see my dear friend back and participating in Camera-Critters! Since you know me so well, you won't be offended if I say it's great to see your reflection in an a*s. bwahahaha Love ya Chicky-Babe! It's SO great to have you back!
(oh... ps, I did, in fact, "in-box ya" on Facebook a minute ago. *grin*)

Pat said...

Nice closeup!

EG CameraGirl said...

I'm very happy you're back. I'm inspired by your photography skills and I adore your sense of humour. :)

Anonymous said...

Why you went away I don't know, I just like you are back. So you tell us what happened in the missing time? Photography at its best.

DeniseinVA said...

Welcome back, it was great to see you and want to thank you for visiting. I love this close-up of Misty.

Carletta said...

Nice to see you in blogland!
Love the closeup and I think you were right to choose the original for that speck of blue - a nice little surprise.

Brian King said...

Nice reflection in the eye!

Carraol said...

Nice image! About FB you could get one-click sharing with FastShare from ShareThis, like the advertising said and embed in your posts.

Rajesh said...

Wonderful shot.

Mo said...

If we went with all the new technology we'd never move away from the computer screen. Despite the pressure to sign up with facebook I've managed to resist. I do love that donkey and its blue eye. Hard to get so close without being bitten or kicked in my experience.

Melbourne Australia Photos said...

Lovely macro.
I am not on Facebook either.

Saun said...

Cute photo look whose looking at you

Unknown said...

Great shot, Jane! Really cool.

Bergson said...

big brother is watching you

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin