Monday, October 12, 2009

It's raining again - My World

Wet, Wet, Wet

My World


This is what you call an unplanned post. Bear with me as they all too frequently say in customer (non) services. Having a little camera trouble. I know what a nightmare. Just my favourite telephoto lens seems to be unwell. Now I do of course have a collection of lenses but it's the big guns lens I need to shoot distances at close range( you know perspective, zoom images, sport etc) and non distorted building. So you may be getting lots of landscapes for the time being. Ah well, every day will be a skywatch day then. What about today though?


Nothing special in the scenery here. This is Shoprite (our local supermarket) car park on a very dreary wet and windy grey day. A very real down to earth day. Taken with the point and shoot Olympus. Remember Big Nikon baby is not allowed out in the rain. Still it does the job. Does get you to think about the composition more, taking in that bike and of course it helps catching the red coat in the optimum part of the image too. I admit to waiting for them to get into position. You see the shot before you take it. Of course this is an image that is also made a little more interesting by those watery reflections. See even the most appalling weather, light and point and shoot photography in a boring supermarket car park can be a little bit of magic. Of course being a witch and hanging out with Manx fairies helps too.


For other My World contributions click here


30 comments:

Vita Stunder said...

I bear with you and hope your lens can be recovered!

Have a great week
Anna

Jack and Joann said...

Camera problems and rain! Well that's the pits! But hang in there for that was a very nice post.

brattcat said...

Yes, it's that white-on-blue 'x' and that red coat that have the eye sliding across the image and back again. Hope the lens can be mended. And the sun comes out before too long.

Snap said...

It's been wet in my world, too. Hope your lens recovers quickly! I love the bike!

Sylvia K said...

Now that makes for a crappy day! My camera is ok, but the weather is going down hill by the minute!

Have a great week, Babooshka!

Sylvia

Erin said...

rain in the long range forecast here too...i always like watery reflections..seem to have a certain thing about them.
enjoy your pointers ALWAYS!

eileeninmd said...

Gee, rain and camera problems. I hope your sun comes out soon and your lens can be fixed.

Guy D said...

I really like unique shots like this one, well done.

All the best
Guy
Regina In Pictures

Photo Cache said...

"big nikon baby is not allowed in the rain" this cracks me up.

enjoy the new week.

www.ewok1993.wordpress.com

Mo said...

Unhappy lens would make me very unhappy. Dont mingd the rain as I love umbrellas. Always love your tips and wondered if I could ask you for some specific pointers?

Postcards from Wildwood said...

Great composition! Hope the lens is soon sorted out.
Janice.

Brian Miller said...

beautiful magic indeed. hope the camera troubles pass quickly.

SandyCarlson said...

Wishing your lens well! You got a great shot here. I wanted to get out of the rain just looking at it.

Lisa Wilson said...

Oh no! I hope you can get it fixed!

Luiz Ramos said...

Wet and beautiful shot!!
Luiz Ramos

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Babooshka: You need a little point and shoot camera for these odd times with your big camera. You need a break in the weather also.

Wren said...

Thank you for taking the time to explain the photo. It's a big help to know how accomplished and experienced photographers think.

You've taken an ordinary scene, and made it extraordinary. It's easy to believe that the fairies might be just behind that reflection.

Martha Z said...

You remind us that when you have an eye for composition, even the mundane can make an interesting photograph.

uncleawang said...

When I go for photo walk I bring only my 25mm F2.8 :)
Our weather here is started to have rain,if not morning surely in the evening, I mean everyday.
Thanks.

Anonymous said...

外籍新娘努力向上,台南有一個大陸新娘,他在大陸是一新疆舞的老師,他雖然嫁來台灣當大陸新娘,但是他一樣努力向上他為了讓新疆舞的美讓台灣人都知道於是在公園教越南新娘林氏一起跳,二個人就這樣變成好姐妹,越南新娘也因為如此他的生活也更加充實開心.

Bibi said...

Started to rain here last night and completely blew away (literally) our nice weather, but hey, it's fall.

I'll be trying to do some rain drops if the cold that caught me lets go.

Anonymous said...

“美”是主觀的,因此在規劃系統傢俱設計前最重要的就是消費者與室內設計師之間的溝通,消費者以生活使用需求以及喜好提供訊息而室內設計師端則以專業經歷、人體工學、色彩運用…等整合全部資訊作為規劃的主體原則,如此的成果才能符合實際。
系統傢俱在市場上已運用許久,且早已經跳脫出早期的單元櫃,取而代之的不單只是優質的環保建材,更涵蓋整體的設計感都能契合消費者的需求。當然也可以運用巧思再增添實用及樂趣,以下由實際的個案為您打開系統傢俱的新視野。
1.顏色搭配
系統傢俱顏色確實是十分主觀的印象,但是顏色卻能清楚傳達直覺的感受,因此如何搭配顏色也是系統傢俱很重要的一環,且運用於不同的功能的空間都需要以室內設計顏色來突顯特色。
★下方運用深色黑鐵刀木紋,左右為霧銀色以及上方白色結晶鋼烤亮面門板的混搭室內設計,踢腳板以淺色楓木洗白木?並內縮1/3減少碰撞。
★運用淺黃色、蘋果綠、澄紅色三色混搭出老少咸宜的鮮豔色彩,也增添系統傢俱空間的明亮程度以及活潑性。
2.比例原則
系統傢俱中櫥櫃設計的美觀除了顏色之外在長寬比例與對稱等分,則是直覺上最容易呈現的感覺;所謂長寬比例所指的是由正面觀看的高度與寬度比利,對稱等分則是連續銜接的櫥櫃掌握同等寬度的原則,上述兩項原則並不會使櫥櫃失去活潑與設計感,反而更能提升系統傢俱櫥櫃整體性。
★衣櫃門片尺寸以總長等分的規劃方式。
★左右對稱的高櫃以及下方矮櫃左右兩邊大小對稱的等分原則,當然上方高櫃亦可選用單邊也是系統傢俱不錯的選擇。
★採用比例對稱並不一定是一成不變的造型,間隔對稱呈現另ㄧ種不同的風貌。

Arija said...

We are having storms and rain as well, but we are very grateful for every drop we get.

LadyFi said...

Love the raindrops on the black. Great photo.

Glennis said...

The wet weather can be a pain. but some is needed very now and again.

Tom said...

I like the image.... and the other image in my mind of the Manx Fairies... ;o)

Virginia said...

I hear ya B. It's rained here forever. Like this nice shot. Good one.
V

magiceye said...

love the composition here!

Mojo said...

I usually resort to black and white in grimness like this, but that flash of red makes it work just right.

And yes, with the right composition even a brick can make an interesting photo.

Anonymous said...

It was rather interesting for me to read this post. Thanx for it. I like such topics and everything that is connected to this matter. I would like to read a bit more on that blog soon.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin