Thursday, March 19, 2009

MY OTHER LOST DAY WAS SPENT IN HERE

Plough your own furrow.

I know I know, I skipped a day again. Now do you want a blatant lie that I was working or had some emergency that prevented me from reaching a laptop or the net was down or do you want the truth. You couldn't handle the truth. Well maybe you can, that I spent early and late evening between the Swan and The Plough( the image) getting louder, drunker, emotional and of course happy to stay when it was hometime. Look it wasn't my idea, it was St Patrick's and I only intended to go to the Swan where a silly oversized hat and play punch( don't ask,I have issues apparently and er I am willful. Well obviously!!!) which you really don't want to know about, but noooooooooo! we have to go to the Plough and well. One too many for Babooshka but who cares. I am me and that is all there is too it. Having works 6 straight days(into my 7th and counting) getting hardly any sleep all work and no play makes B a dullard, and boring is not on my to do list. Ironing is but I'm avoiding it. All I can say is I had a wonderful night's sleep and absolutely no hangover. I have been ravenous all today though.


Now the image is a chance shot another running one so not neatly composed, but just wanted to get the Plough Pub on today. Too many parked cars so scooting around them. I'm happy with the walker and the bent bollard though. Great for the daily photo so who cares. It's not a work image where it needs to be precise. You may be getting more of these. I'm a tad busy at the moment as you can probably tell and really not in a mood to take petty nonsense. Anyway the Plough I'll do an in depth post another time, but let's just say it's a real pub. No airs and graces here, decent beer and constant cable sport. We watch football(it's not soccer it's football) matches in here. It's a tiny pub, but perfectly formed. This is not a pub to be seen posing in. This is a proper pub to go in take a seat, have a beer(ok Jack Daniels, who am I kidding) watch the footie, catch up with friends and you know converse with people who actually may have more than one brain cell. I like this pub. I like this pub for what it is and what it represents old fashioned but not quaint, down to earth. Yes down to earth. In a world of designer soulless pubs and bars with inappropriate trendy(no you aren't) names it's refreshing to see a pub that literally Plough's it own furrow.

Again kind of you to email asking as to my whereabouts. All's well just very busy, over tired, cabin fever etc. Probably need to mindjolt games on Facebook or something equally as mind numbing for a while.

babooshka http://dailyphotoisleofman.blogspot.com/ ramsey daily photo

33 comments:

Unknown said...

Interesting colour scheme for the pub. Mind you, I've seen worse. If you fancy a game of Lexious; their version of Scrabble, I'll play with you.

marley said...

The munchies! A sure sign of a hangover of sorts :)

Two pubs in one night sounds like a perfect plan. The colours are a bit scary especially after a few.

I like the feather photo the other day.

Anonymous said...

Try the Stanley karaoke.

Tash said...

I love the colors - I've never seen the like in Ramsey or your fair isle before.

Unknown said...

A brilliant yellow house!

Lowell said...

Your description of good times is almost as colorful as the photo. It does look like a pub worth knowing and if we ever get to Ramsey we shall look you up there - if you're not there, they'll probably know where to find you!

The fellow walking into the photo really puts it all together!

Welcome back!

Julie ScottsdaleDailyPhoto.com said...

What a quaint, inviting pub! Great photo and your commentary about missing a day on your popular website is interesting as I would have thought you would have a lead on your photos and postings of at least one week ahead. It is hard to post each day as work often gets in the way but I am trying to build up to at least 10 day lead time. We will see if I can keep my goal up. Glad you are doing fine and it sounds like you had a great time. Did you try some of the absinthe I wrote about on my site for St. Patrick's day. it is green :)

Chuck Pefley said...

Yummy!!! But you already knew I love yellow ocher.

Cloudia said...

Glad you are having a pint or 12!
Well deserved.
I missed a post on Tuesday. My "excuse" is posted for Thursday.
Best Wishes & Aloha, Babooshka

Lew said...

And a good time was had by all! Very striking pub - I can see why you enjoy it.

Small City Scenes said...

Great yellow building. I like yellow!!! No excuses for sure. After all it was St Paddy's Day. MB

Olivier said...

ton filigrane est a l'envers ou la photo est retourné. les couleurs de l'immeuble sont magnifiques, elles annoncent le printemps ;o)

your watermark is a backwards or photo is returned. the colors of the building are beautiful, they herald the spring ;o)

Jane Hards Photography said...

Olivier-The copyright is backwords. I didn't know until I posted. Ah well.

Julie- I would lose the spontaneous feel of the blog if I pre post with the writing so I tend to not pre post, more of the cuff.


Thanks all.

ArneA said...

No problem skipping a day when I covered up with Isle of Man in ABC Wednesday

Maria Verivaki said...

life is busy - skip more days more often; your posts will become even more precious then!

B SQUARED said...

It always amazes me that an otherwise ordinary building can look extraordinary with the right colors and some flowers.

Brian Miller said...

seems a very colourful place, love the random guy walking by.

Mojo said...

Bah. No excuses necessary Babs. IF anybody gives you grief over missing a day, tell 'em to bugger off. And if that doesn't do it (as if) send 'em to see me and I'll tell 'em.

Busy's a good thing, right?

I've no idea what a "bollard" (bent or otherwise) is, but I like the guy in the photo. He adds interest. A front-on of a building -- especially one this shape -- doesn't always work (for me anyway, but hey... I'm hardly an expert) without something like that to break the outline.

laxeylass said...

Missing a day to be in the Plough is not a bad thing. I never went to this pub. Only ever saw men go in.

laxeylass said...

Missing a day to be in the Plough is not a bad thing. I never went to this pub. Only ever saw men go in.

Martha Z said...

Blogging would be no fun if we couldn't take time off. As for me, now that the weather is warming in my part of the world I will spend much of my time off the grid and away from the web. But then I will have much material when I get back to civilization.

Anonymous said...

Jeez don't be a slave to the blog. Have a couple more of them JD's and solve the current financial crisis. Hope you have another pic of this pub for theme day.

Anonymous said...

Babs, you make me laff so much it hurts. Did you pay the guy to go past in the hat. He just makes this image.

Anonymous said...

Ahh to be in the Plough on St Patrick's day and the Swan, what more could a girl ask for?..A pint of the black stuff in Dublin perhaps?.....Diamonds?....New car?....new camera......Never really noticed how yellow this pub is until looking at your piccie.

Virginia said...

Great colors this pub. Glad you celebrated in grand style. Tell ole Jack Daniels I say hello!
V

Bergson said...

a yellow house is the house of the beatles the sumarine is near

imac said...

What a great excuse, Im coming to join you.lol.

Pat said...

That is so pretty! Blue and yellow always make me think of Easter! Perfect touch with the fellow walking by.

Anonymous said...

It looks really bright and cheerful. I thought St Patrick had probably spirited you away :)

Dewdrop said...

Works for me... pretty cool!

Mary Stebbins Taitt said...

WOW! What a bright, pretty building. Nice shot.

George said...

It sounds like a neat pub and a perfect place to celebrate St. Patrick's!

Eki said...

That blue and yellow building is sooo sweet ... an eye-catcher and winner. Blue and yellow, btw, are my favourite colours.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin