Saturday, March 14, 2009

DOWNTOWN PURPLE SHADE

Walk this way?


To change the mood a little an alternative skywatch that would be cool for some crazy cats who like to wander down the avenues and alleyways of the darker side life say a walk on the wild side, a slice of downtown urban grittiness. The pretty one is the post below if that's your kind of skywatch and dark dingy alleys give you the chills down the backbone. So if you're shaking all over at this moody image and wish you perhaps were not here this side of the dark moon,jump below. The brave can stay, take my hand as we're halfway there anyway and I'll take you through the alley in a Ramsey Minute. That is Manx time, as long as you want it to be.


Not what you have come to visualise in Ramsey is it? Actually it is classic Ramsey. We have a plethora of these slim and ultra slim alleyways about the mainframe of the town. This one is the connecting walkway from Parliament Street, our High Street to the Harbourside docks area. The white wall and the stone wall are both part of local business. If you walk the alley and take a left you turn to a wonderful Pub called the Trafalgar. It' small but perfectly formed as if you notice by locals that have appeared in the comments recently, popular. Probably because it's a proper old fashioned non chain pub. The alley is often full of those metal beer barrels under the fire escape waiting to be turned into ready pints for willing recipients. Take a window seat and you look straight onto the harbour and guess what else? The Swing Bridge of course. Glad you took the plunge down the alley now. As for the sky I love a purple haze and we do often get this intense deep hue due to the lack of urban streetlight pollution.


What is the giveaway that this is not an inner city alley, but an island alley is no litter, no needles, no cans, no smashed bottles, no graffiti, no... I'll leave that to your imagination. That makes this in this day an age after all some kind of wonderwall wouldn't you agree? It's around 9pm when I captured this imbued with Jack Daniels and curry (vegetable Biryani, mushroom pilau, mushroom pakora, plain naan Gailsman thank you for inquiring) it seemed real pretty. Ok maybe not pretty but alcohol goggles do make images you ignore come to life. I quite like it sober too, but then I have quirky tastes.


So that is a slice of downtown. I have more if you'd care to take a walk with me? Don't worry. You won't get mugged for your Manano Blahniks here!

Babooshka Ramsey Daily Photo http://dailyphotoisleofman.blogspot.com/

37 comments:

Tash said...

I LOVE the photo - I love the purple sky. I'm going back to read the text now.

nobu said...

This is tastey photo.
Beutiful purple sky, through narrow path.
I love it too.

Jennie said...

I love this picture... I love what you do! I wish I could take pictures like this.

Janie said...

That purple color tempts me to walk down the alley and see what I can see on the other end.
Really great photo!

Anonymous said...

You are a journo aren't you? Bloody funny.

Lori Lynn said...

Oh my! Fantastic.
LL

Anonymous said...

My friend you and the green fairy would get along nicely.

myonlyphoto said...

Nice purple sky! Rare. Anna :)

Julie ScottsdaleDailyPhoto.com said...

purple is my favorite color. great shot

Unknown said...

Ever been to Venice? This alley is very reminiscent of it, very narrow, tall streets and so quiet as no traffic just lapping water.

magiceye said...

love that purple haze and the composition as usual is splendid!

Babzy.B said...

magic shot !

Ben Nakagawa said...

Thanks for such a kind comment, Babooshka. This shot of yours, somehow remind me a spooky tour in Edinburgh, which I haven;t attended but seen a lot's of advert on the street of there.

Anonymous said...

It reminds me of Virginia's post. Nice photos - both.

GreensboroDailyPhoto said...

This picture has such visual interest with the manmade framing the sky. Shots like this would be fun for Skywatch Friday. We took a risk and added a twist for our Skywatch Friday and feedback was positive.

Glad to hear that your island is spared some of the grim realities of mainland cities!

Maria said...

Please come over to my place, there's an award waiting for you!

Pierrot said...

From purple sky comes down in my mind "purple rain" that gorgeous Prince's song, do you know it?

greetings Babooshka,

with esteem

lv2scpbk said...

This is neat with the color.

Virginia said...

Yes indeed, we are roaming the shadowy side together today. Love that sky B and I haven't even had a nip of Mr. Daniels!HA
V

Pat said...

Purple is my favorite color, and it works really well here!

Here's what I posted on Virginia's blog, and it's true for you, too!!
"I love stairs...I have one staircase I've been saving; perhaps soon!

Lovely light here."

Brian Miller said...

love it! amazing color and contrast!

Prabath said...

cool pics, I like it.
http://apps.facebook.com/top_celebrities/ (Vote your favorite celebrity)
http://prabath321.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Amazing purple at the end of the alley! really cool!
Love the sky on the previous shot too.

Gerald (SK14) said...

I like the contrast between the stone wall and the white wall.

Photographically it is far more interesting than the one of the jetty and the fluffy clouds - though as you know I love variety.

Anonymous said...

Perfect piccie. Just like the Traff is the perfect pub....Cheers.....

Fabrizio Zanelli said...

Ah ! This sky is really purple and lovely.

Chuck Pefley said...

Well at least you picked a path where you and "JD" couldn't fall sideways. -:) I'm partial to narrow alleyways, too.

kuanyin333 said...

Gorgeous purple surprise at the end!
And in answer to your FB comment, I don't spend that much time on Twitter. It's WAY more time consuming to make blog comments. :-)

Anonymous said...

I so love this photo. I wish I lived with no light pollution.

Judy said...

I love the purple sky, and the contrast between the old stone wall, and the new concrete one!!

Debbie Courson Smith said...

It looks like an expensive designer color sky.

Carraol said...

Very Interestig shot with this great light and love the color!

A Blog In The Rough said...

wow purple!

Neva said...

This is a lovely shot and I LOVE the purple.

Anonymous said...

An interesting image. Phobia will be confused and narrow place here.

Rob said...

This is my kind of photography!

Diederick Wijmans said...

What colours can do!! Beautiful!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin