Wednesday, January 14, 2009

THE SEAWEED ON RAMSEY BEACH




On a spacious beach no one can hear you scream


After a really crappy day yesterday and I mean crappy a gentle walk along the beach.  I was
going to show you some pretty Manx scenes  and Manx Views of the beach in long shot and wide angle but I was distracted by this alien invader on Ramsey beach.  It didn't move. I poked it with a big stick to make sure, it didn't make a squeak.  Just had to take a photo or twenty of it. Pretty Huh! Actually I think it is. He(Gary) who won't move his ass off the sofa so I can stretch out, really likes this one. It's an artist thing isn't it. I can see you all salivating now over this if you are feeling all artsy today. Yes it would make a fabulous black and white too dahlink!


This image has sewn the seed of an idea for a series of images which I should do of just the
beach and see what I can find. For Gail's Man, maybe the elusive white dog poo. Be interesting to see how much rubbish has discarded there for all you realists. For all you artsy ones I'll photograph the weird shingle and sandbanks and for all of you who just want a plain old view I'll do that too. Of course a skywatch one. Who wants beach images then . Show of hands, well comments if you do.  Babooshka's Beach you have it.


Ramsey Daily Photo is now on facebook- see the logo. Drop by, join the group and add your details, links, etc to the wall to tell others about you. I will add other island images of other places outside of Ramsey there and stuff not for this blog. To Lisa, Onchan one day. To those of you who I know here behave, or Queen B will bar you and I don't mean the pub.


Q. How childish was the title of this post?

A. You tell me.



For the inquisitive



PS. - Onchan is pronounced without the h. 

PPS- Sal- You know it makes sense!

38 comments:

Jane Hards Photography said...

Babooshka will be flitting between facebook and the blog now. See you on one of them.

Gerald (Ackworth born) said...

Is that all seaweed or is there a dead lobster thingy in there?

I'm off to bed - will try not to have nightmares - thinks better find a blog with a "nice" pic to go to bed on first!

Loran said...

if I saw that mess on the beach, you would hear me screaming.

marley said...

My hand is stretched high in the air! I love this, and your right it'd be good in B&W.

A Scattering said...

Sweet mother of God, that thing is scary regardless of what it is!

Anonymous said...

You freaky girl. Make me lol. Hands up for da beach.

Anonymous said...

that is crazy cool looking!
:)

George said...

I'm raising my hand for beach views. If this is any indication you will find many interesting things to share with us.

Tash said...

The bug is a pretty one. & yes, a terrific photo too. & I'm for more beachy-keen photos.

Jane Hards Photography said...

Starting from tomorrow the a weeklong on the beach series. Who knows what Ill find.

Ken said...

I thought for sure it was some sort of sea creature.

airplane5312 said...

My first reaction was ..ewhh.. Maybe that's what the post title should be. Very interesting piece of seaweed.

Jim Klenke said...

Thats seaweed? Looks like it could kill someone.

Anonymous said...

LB,

I want to learn more about taking close ups of weird stuff. More for sure of these. Stay loose.

LEon said...

That does not look like totally seaweed. It's creepy!! Glad it was not alive.

Gaelyn said...

That is some really unusual seaweed, great shape and textures. My hand's up to see more of the beach.

I too just joined facebook.

Chuck Pefley said...

And what did you have for dessert?

magiceye said...

:)

Lynette said...

So, is there a sea critter entwined in the sea weed? My goodness, if this is you first find, one can only wonder at the variety and vagary of what else you'll photograph to share with us. Bring it on!

Oh, by the way, when I included a photo of the Ross Island Bridge in my Wednesday post, I thought of you and your love of bridges.

Maria Verivaki said...

you've given me a great idea for doing the same along our deserted beaches here in hania

Unknown said...

Let's see if you can find some. Must be lots of dogs use the beach as a toilet, so you mist stumble across some, but hopefully not in it!

Anonymous said...

Looks gross to me. What is is? Sci fi movie leftover?

Irina said...

This colourful thing looks great in the photo but I wouldn't like come across it in reality!

Anonymous said...

Ha ha A lot in this one. Getting crabby suits you. Wee'd and poo'd this is too english. Both hands up for more beach.

Pat said...

There was a creature with a face similar to this in I think the first Star Wars film...he/it was in a bar, I believe, where Chewie and Hans stopped. Very similar!

laxeylass said...

Add my vote to the beach photographs. Hope you get the weather. I'm not on facebook so I'll have to join. We used to get jellyfish on Laxey Beach. Hope 2009 is a good year for you.

Anonymous said...

Love the blog. Love the Facebook group. How's about some more Bands on.

Mary Helen said...

I love the colors, but it does look like a invader from outer space LOL
Have fun on face book..

Anonymous said...

A walk along Ramsey beach for a week. Watch what you find and photograph. I used to have a page on my site that was just filled with images that I took of stuff on the beach. You would be amazed. I found a television, childs bike oh and once even a dead fish. What that was doing there I just don't know. Good luck anyway.

Debbie Courson Smith said...

I've looked closely at this photo twice, just for the creep-myself-out factor. THAT'S childish.

Virginia said...

Well son of a beach (how childish was that!) that thing is awful! Bet Abe will groove on it though! My hands are both up. Bring on the beach sistah!
V

Janie said...

That is a weird looking...whatever it is. But, hey, I love seeing the unusual. Bring it on. I won't scream...much.

Anonymous said...

Oh that is SO cool! I can just imagine the cheesy sound effects!

Anonymous said...

Creeepy. Kinda. I have been wacthing Pirates of the Caribeean so this reminds me of a character on it!

I have been having ISP problems. Hopefully they are sorted now.

-Chris- said...

Eeewww,

yeah it looks like a lobster or something similar.

Marie-Noyale said...

I think it must be even scarier to be under water and meet this monster seaweed face to face and moving!!!!

Gemma Wiseman said...

Being an addict of sea and sand I would love to see you post shots of your beaches!

And yes! This shot appeals to the artist within! Love it!

kRiZcPEc said...

the large print letters beneath the shot makes a more eye-catching title - saw it and immediately I know where you got that line. :)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin